Saturday, December 23, 2017

Careline Matte Liquid Lipsticks (Arm and Lip Swatches)

Hello loves!

So I've been posting swatches of a couple of matte liquid lipsticks from Careline that I was able to bring home during an event I attended a few months ago. During the said event, I was able to get a swatch of all the available shades, even the metallic ones too! I was very impressed with the pigmentation and how lightweight these matte lippies are. And the thought that you can get these at such an affordable price made me more excited to blog about them.

Just a couple of months ago, I received a package containing all of the shades. Though I've already shared the swatches during my post about the event, I would love to share them again in better lighting as well as how they look when I apply them on my lips.

I received twelve shades of the matte liquid lipsticks and three melted metallic lipsticks.

So for today's post, I will share the matte liquid lipsticks first and will post the melted metallic lipsticks in a different post.


In the press release regarding these lippies, the products were described as the following:

The Careline Matte Liquid Lipsticks boasts of 12 gorgeous shades that range from nudes to dramatic blues and purples. Packaged in sleek clear tubes that display the lip color, the formula is lightweight, fast-drying, long-lasting, waterproof and transfer-proof once set. While it's opaque in a single swipe, the liquid lipstick's light formula allows it to be layered on to build a more dramatic color.


Among the twelve shades of the Matte Liquid Lipsticks, half of them I could consider as nude shades and the other half are bold colors. I like that the nude ones are in different tones and I find that there's a nude shade for every skin tone.


The bolder shades have the usual bright red and fuchsia, but it also has the unusual purple and gray! Awesome, right?

So now, here are the swatches...
These are the nudes.
My favorite is Brick'd and I also love wearing Glaze and Tutu.

These are the bolds.
My favorites are Pop and Upperhand.

And now, here are the shades on my lips. I must admit that these swatches required a lot of effort. These liquid lipsticks have great staying power. They don't remove easily even with cleansers. You need makeup removers to completely remove them, especially the darker shades. So equipped with cotton pads and my trusted makeup remover, below are the swatches on my lips...

Semi Sweet

Glaze

Gotta Go

Normcore

Brick'D

Tutu

Pop

In Bloom

Craving

Upperhand

Dark Matter

Wallflower

Some shades required more than two coats to get a better, more solid looking lips like Dark Matter and Gotta Go. It's not much of a problem because these lippies are lightweight. They don't feel as drying as some matte lipsticks I've used. To avoid the lips drying, I usually apply lipbalm underneath. 

So that's all for the swatches. I hope this post helps in deciding which shade from Careline's Matte Liquid Lipsticks to check out. They are very affordable at PhP 210.00 so maybe you might want to get one for the Christmas season. I'm sure they'll last for the whole day with all the holiday festivities!

If you're interested to see more about Careline, do check out their 

Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments: