Thursday, April 12, 2018

Review : Bioderma Photoderm Aquafluide MAX SPF 50+

Hey loves!

Summer is here and it's freakin' hot! Literally!
And because of the heat, we can't avoid getting sweaty and there will also be less rain (no clouds = direct sunlight Yikes!) for the next couple of months so finding the right skincare for our climate would be a great help. I think I found just the one...

 Bioderma Photoderm Aquafluide MAX SPF 50+ 


The price is somewhere between PhP 1.5k to 2k (I think it's 1.7k, but I'll have to double check first. Will update when I find the correct price).


This is my first product from Bioderma and I have high expectations! Haha! I've read some good reviews from them and at the same time their products are a bit pricey and I usually get the idea that if your products are pricey, the ingredients are better which means better quality.

Plus, I also attended the BDJ x Project Vanity: Beauty Confidential event and Bioderma hosted one of the segments of the event. Dr. Irene Robredo-Vitas talked about proper skincare and she mentioned how important it is to protect our skin from the sun. Here's what I learned from the event:
Make sure to put on sunscreen because the sun is actually one of the main causes of skin damage. Try to look for UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) protection. An SPF30 is sufficient enough as it provides 93% protection. But of course, more SPF would be better!
Don't forget to reapply your sunscreen as it usually melts off after two hours. If you already have makeup on, there are compact powders that have SPF that you can use. There is even oral sunscreen, but it can be a bit expensive so I settle with makeup. Haha!

- quoted from my article about the event

I was able to get this product as a freebie from the event.

Let's get to know the product first by checking the details on the packaging...



More info from the website:


Suitable for 
all skin types, even combination to oily skin
Skin that is sensitive or intolerant to all types of sunlight
Very fair skin with freckles
Skin exposed to maximum sunlight 

Pleasant and easy application thanks to a fluid texture as light as water
Very high daily anti-shine protection, with a dry touch finish
Oil-free formula*
SPF 50+ UVA 24
Fragrance-free
Paraben-free
Water resistant
Hypoallergenic
Non-comedogenic
Good skin tolerance
Photostable

A unique technological achievement combining extreme fluidity with a dry touch finish and very high protection
The exclusive combination of UVA/UVB dermatological filters and the Cellular Bioprotection™ patent provides optimal protection against the harmful effects of UV rays, as well as genuine internal biological protection
Cellular Bioprotection™ activates the skin’s natural defences, protects cells and combats premature skin ageing
Synergetic combination of 3 powders that gives a mattifying dry touch finish

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Several times a day - During periods of sun exposure
Apply evenly and generously before sun exposure (reducing the amount of product reduces the level of sun protection).
Re-apply frequently, before and after swimming, rubbing and sports activities.

Do not expose babies or young children to the sun. 
Excessive sun exposure is harmful to your health.

INGREDIENTS - COMPOSITION
AQUA/WATER/EAU, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, OCTOCRYLENE, METHYLENE BIS-BENZOTRIAZOLYL TETRAMETHYLBUTYLPHENOL [NANO], BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, GLYCERIN, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BIS- ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, C20-22 ALKYL PHOSPHATE, C20-22 ALCOHOLS, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, XANTHAN GUM, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CELLULOSE GUM, RHAMNOSE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, ECTOIN, TOCOPHEROL. [BI 642]


Living in a tropical country in the summer time, I really appreciate that this particular product is water resistant. Just a few minutes under Manila heat, I get sweaty and it's good that my sunscreen can last a bit longer. 

It indeed is fragrance-free. I have no problems with scented products, but I know some people who do. 

It's housed in a tube that's easy to squeeze out the product. I like the design because it looks clean and serious and at the same time give a "sun protector" vibe. Haha!

This is how the product looks like.
It's like cream but thin in consistency, but not too thin that it's runny. It makes application pretty easy.


When I spread it, I was afraid that it will leave a white cast...

But when you blend it, it doesn't leave a white cast which is super awesome, especially considering that it provides SPF 50+!

I brought it with me and used it everyday when I had my 9-day vacation at Japan a two weeks ago. It served me well because it sit beautifully underneath my makeup. I was walking outside almost the whole day during those days and my skin didn't get darker and there's no noticeable new skin damage like sun spots. I also did not encounter any irritations nor breakouts.

What I love about this is how lightweight it feels and that it doesn't feel slippery or sticky. It easily feels dry a few seconds after application. I just feel comfortable wearing it.

To summarize:

WHAT I LIKE:
- Protects skin with SPF50+
- Water-resistant
- Lightweight
- No sticky feeling
- No white cast
- No breakouts nor irritations
- Good packaging
- Locally available

What I'm NEUTRAL about:
- Fragrance free

What I DON'T LIKE:
- Can be pricey (but hey, you pay for quality)

Would I buy again? I think I would. However, I also bought a sunscreen from the brand's Hydrabio line. Will use that when I finish this tube and make a review. :)

For more details about the other products from the brand, check out their Facebook and website. Bioderma is available at Watson's, PCX Landmark, Beauty Bar, SM Beauty and leading derm clinics nationwide.


What sunscreen are you using right now? Any thoughts on Bioderma products?


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment